After making the fly masks I was inspired to work on a few more pieces. I ended up with a fly sheet with a removable neck hood, and a set of fly boots. Here’s the set altogether:
The entire thing is made from cotton, but I would like to experiment with a more transparent material if I can find some later on.
The sheet is similar to other blankets I’ve made, but it’s not lined and doesn’t have any sewn on binding. The faux binding was created with acrylic paint. If I do this again I’ll have to mix the paint with a fabric medium of some sort. (to prevent cracking or flaking)
I have mixed feelings on using paint over actual binding, but on pieces like the straps, there is NO way I could’ve sewn binding on without creating a ton of extra bulk.
Here’s the sheet without the hood. (the D rings are just for show – they don’t actually attach to the hood like they would on a real blanket 😉 )
It’s got a tail cord instead of leg straps too:
I think the boots are my favorite:
No tiny plastic pests will be bothering this horse!