A couple weeks ago I finished up a set of reflective boots:
These have been sitting on my desk for months.
It’s been a long time since I finished a set of boots like these. The design has been giving me trouble but I think I’ve solved the issue… hopefully!
I’m glad to have them done, but they’re kind of sloppy and I think I can do better. The reflective strips work, but I’ve learned that if a speck of glue gets on it it’s there for good, argh! 😦
I did feel inspired to make a reflective quarter sheet to go with it. It’s been on my do-to list for months anyway, so why not!
Here was one of the references I used:
At first I thought I would make it like I did the fly sheet, with a single layer and faux painted binding.
But I felt that it was too transparent that way, so I picked it apart and added a second layer from white fabric. It looked a lot better, but I couldn’t cheat with the binding anymore.
In the end it took just as long to make as a regular blanket, but I think adding the extra details was worth it.
I’m not sure how I feel about the piece around the neck though. It limits the horses it can fit, so I might have to try making another without it.
The reflective pieces are from an iron on high visibility tape I picked up at Joann’s. It worked out SO much better than the thin tape I used on the boots, as that had to be glued in place.
The human couldn’t be left out, so I put together a basic vest.
It’s a little big for the Yvonne doll, but I wanted it to be able to fit the Breyer and Mego dolls as well.
I’m happy I finally got around to making these pieces though! Now they can go out for a late ride… if she can ever get him tacked up…