I’m attempting to make at least one tack piece every month this year. This weekend I had time to put together the first, a western bridle made to fit Breyer’s “Wyatt” mold:
This was based off a photo of a Billy Royal bridle. I chose it because there were two new things I wanted to try making: the knotted browband and the leather ties attaching it to the bit.
The browband was a lot easier than I thought it would be. (good reference photos help so much!) The stitching shouldn’t go all the way to the end though. I always make my browbands too big at first, and made the mistake of adding the stitches before fitting it properly. Something to keep in mind for next time anyway…!
But aside from that minor detail, I’m really happy with this bridle.
The leather ties work just like the full-sized ones do. There’s no way I’ll be changing the bit out though, so they are glued in place, but I love the added detail.
I also love details like this, which you can’t even see but it’s still there so it makes me happy:
So, January? Done! February…? I have ideas…
8 thoughts on “January Bridle”
Love this!!! Amazing detail! Good job.
Thank you! 🙂
Oh my goodness those leather ties are gorgeous! I’m wondering how you pulled that off. I’ve tried making those before with embroidery floss, but they’re just so weeny and my attempts have not come out that nice.
Wow you actually stitched that! And I like the ties. And the curb. It took me forever to do chain-and-leather curbs.
The stitches are fake – I painted them on with acrylics. ^_^ I’m not brave enough to try real stitching on something so small… I feel they would be too big no matter how hard I tried! 🙂
Very nice! I commend you for the leather ties, I’d go cross-eyed! 😊
Love all your tack. It is amazingly realistic.
This looks like my horse bridle in real life! Only my bridle does not have the knot at the browband.