Posts Tagged ‘finds’

More Dog Collars

Several weeks ago I came across miniature plastic buckles on eBay. These are designed for 1:6 scale military/action figures, but I figured they miiiiight work in 1:9, so I ordered a few sets. These came from a Chinese seller, btw, as the price was much lower than the US seller. (I can wait 3+ weeks if that means saving $$ lol)

The larger, which is 5mm, best fits 1/4 inch ribbon or lace (but it’s a tight fit) while the small 3mm buckle fits 1/8. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the 5mm buckles as they’re a bit too large for my liking… but you never know! I’m SO excited about the 3mm though. My first thought was adding them to saddlebags.

The second was dog collars, so I put together three of them today. One in purple…

One in blue…

And hot pink.

They actually work!

I’d like to get a heavier wire to use for the second buckle and keeper, but this works for now.

Read Full Post »

I’ve found that there are a lot of miniature artists on YouTube who regularly post DIY videos on their channels. Here’s a list of some of my favorites! I’ve probably mentioned a few on my blog before, but I’ve included them anyway. 🙂

If you have any interest in mini-making, do check them out!

(more…)

Read Full Post »

Here’s another tutorial I came across online – mini bales! Of course you can buy pre-made bales but what’s the fun in that? Besides, most of the ones I’ve seen for sale have been either too big or too small. I wanted something in between.

Instead of a milk carton, I used pieces from that Breyer box I still haven’t thrown out. (there’s not much left to throw out now, ha!) These were folded up, taped together and stuffed with pieces of scrap paper to give them a little more weight.

HayBale_01

Then they were covered with a few layers of tissue paper.

HayBale_02For the straw, I cut some raffia that I’ve had on hand for ages. I ended up splitting the long strands individually before cutting them in tiny pieces. Not one of my better ideas but it looks ok. My fingers do not agree.

HayBale_03

It was a huge mess to make though.

HayBale_04

Even with extra gluing and trimming these things still shed like crazy. Also, I would have used colored tissue paper or painted the paper before covering, to disguise the white box a little better.

HayBale_05

But overall I’m pleased. They’ll be fun props to use in photos. 😀

HayBale_06

HayBale_07

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »