Every January, I get into an “organize-all-the-things!” state of mind. This mostly involves purging cardboard boxes and papers I think I need to hold on to but really don’t. (if I would just toss things as I get them this wouldn’t be a problem)
In addition to that, this year I randomly decided to move my workspace to the larger part of my desk. Why it’s taken me so long to figure this out I’ll never know. Now I’ve got all this SPACE. Everything is in my reach and I can actually fit my legs under the desk and my lamp is much more practical and and and and…!
The bulletin board behind it is a cluttered mess of course, but it’s full of memories and things that make me happy so whatever. 😀
I’ve been feeling really productive lately and having this “new” workspace only adds to that. These past couple weeks I’ve been working on a bunch of things, from finishing up some saddlepads…
(maybe I’m going a bit overboard but I still want to make more… *sigh*)
… to getting some more blanket practice in. I’ve adjusted the pattern for different sized models… or rather, “pony,” “foal” and “draft” sizes…. which should fit a bunch of horses and those weird ones in-between. Hopefully.
The “pony” or small size fits Justadream all right, but also fits Henry the Fjord and the Marwari. It won’t fit pony-sized horses like Flash because of his mane… in fact, most horses with flowing manes of plastic look strange in blankets. XD
The draft sized one ended up in the reject pile, once I discovered my thread wasn’t actually catching the fabric in multiple places. Argh!! It was a test of some new methods that didn’t work out as well, so I guess that’s some good that’s come from it.
However, the fit was ok, even though I don’t have photo evidence of that. 😀
And today, I put together a couple of halters with tongue buckles and rolled throatlatches. I did get this idea from Horse Tender Studios… it’s something I’ve wanted to try but never actually did till now. 🙂
I’m experimenting with a different glue (Fabri-Tac for those curious) which I’m hoping is water-proof and a bit stronger than the Aleene’s I’ve been using forever.
So far, the glue is much easier to work with when it comes to gluing ribbon together. I don’t even have to clamp the pieces together while they dry, which is NICE.
Hopefully it will hold up well!
Also, remember that entries for the giveway close this Saturday, at 11:59 pm. I’m really surprised at the response… thank you all for your sweet comments!