This week I finished up a Bronc style halter to fit Stein:
He’s… not a tack friendly model, so the halter is held in place with sticky wax.
I had to make the noseband three times before I was happy with it. I used a sample of some goat tooling leather Rio Rondo sent with an order. It has a larger grain, but it worked out nicely.
The basketweave pattern was made with a micro basketweave tool I purchased from ToolPaw forever ago. This took a few tries to get right and is why I kept messing up. 😅
I was going to add a line of metal studs along the top and bottom but decided against it. I don’t have anything small enough in my stash anyway!
I think it suits him though, and it’s always nice to get some more tooling practice in.