The next step was to cover the seat piece. To give a little more shape to the seat, I added a crescent shaped piece of felt:
I used a thin faux suede fabric to cover the seat. It doesn’t fray easily, but I did go around the edges with black Edge Kote just in case. Because it was so thin, it fit around the felt shape pretty nicely, and I’m really happy with how that looks:
Then it was time to create the cantle piece. I got that smooth edge on one side by skiving down the edge and folding it underneath:
Once all that was attached and done, I realized that I made my upper skirt too short. Now it sticks out and I can’t un-see it UGHHHHH!! Too late now, keep going forward!
The last pieces I worked on were the off billet…
And the girth:
As of today, this saddle is DONE. It just needs some stirrup training and proper photos!