Like Henry’s blanket, I tried several new things with this one.
I’ve been wanting to make a turnout blanket for a while now. The challenge was how to add gussets – those triangle shaped pieces – and keep them neat and in scale-ish with the rest of the blanket. I tried this a long time ago and it wasn’t working at all. Lately the idea’s been nagging at me, so I approached it differently and the end result was much, much better.
Sometimes it just helps to leave ideas on the back-burner for a while.
Another thing I wanted to try was a two-toned blanket. This was a lot easier than I thought it would be, so now I’m eager to try combining solid colors with all my goofy prints. XD
It was very time consuming but I’m happy with how it came together in the end.