Two sets of saddlebags were finished up this week:
Even with a simplified pattern, these things are tedious to make, which is probably why I’ve put off making more all year. (sorry 😦 )
I liked the last version I made well enough, but still felt that some things needed to be improved. I was eager to see how adding the plastic buckles would look, and am really happy with the end result. These are much closer to how I originally wanted to make them years ago.
The ribbon adds a little more strength to the bag, and I’ve added a small felt piece in the bottom to help that as well.
I added a lining to the back (this is faux suede, with the wrong side facing out) after debating about it for a while. I’ve also been trying to remember to attach labels to my work, since I can’t sign pieces like these.