Posts Tagged ‘SM tack’

Found it!

An awful picture, but a picture, nonetheless. This little arabian costume still needs a lot of work, as you can tell. I think I doubled the amount of tassels the last time I picked it up, but that was a while ago. I really ought to finish it. Tack of all sorts looks so much better when it’s finished and fitted to a horse, right?

Someday!

Read Full Post »

SM English Saddle

sm-saddle

I think I made this saddle sometime last year. What is it with me and starting projects, but never finishing them? I must have a very short attention span when it comes to tack-making.

This saddle is mostly finished, however. It was my first successful sm scale saddle. 🙂 The stirrups look a little too big though, but that’s an easy fix. I just need to finish the girth and make a bridle to go along with it. My G3 jumper’s been waiting patiently for this set for a long time now, ha!

Darn those G3’s. They all need their own tack sets. 😀 I have a big list of things I want to make for them. I even have an in-progress arabian costume around here someplace. I should go look for a picture…

Read Full Post »

My first harness-

I was really obsessed with harnesses last winter… for some odd reason. I think it had something to do with the snow and listening to songs like “Sleigh Ride” and wishing I could set up a scene with a miniature one-horse-open-sleigh.

Well, that never happened. But I made the harness!

And because I’m insane, I decided to make my first ever harness in SM scale. O_O

 

I quickly learned that harnesses are very complicated pieces of tack. At least they are for me, because I have NO knowledge of all the seperate harness parts and have never seen one up close to get a good look at how they all attach to each other.

So I spent several days searching for images on the internet (thank goodness for Flickr!) and drawing the pieces I could find, and somehow figured out how to assemble them. I have NO idea how that happed, to be honest.

This was my end result:

 

It’s far from perfect, and boy, what a headache to fit onto the horse! It’s not even FITTING the poor guy right. The girths are too far back, the bit’s not in his mouth right, and the throatlatch is pushed too far forward.

BUT, even with it’s flaws and my inability to see my mistakes until AFTER I’ve put the pics on my PC, I’m quite happy with the result.

It’s a pleasure harness, breastcollar style, with a simple snaffle bridle. It has about nine different pieces, but since it’s in such a small scale (the horse is about 3 1/2 inches long) I “cheated” and attached some of them together. The only buckles that work are the ones on the girth and bridle- the rest is stuck on with sticky wax! 😀

Someday I’ll find that sleigh to put behind him…*sigh*

 

I definately want to make more harnesses in the future, but next time, in the traditional scale! *grin*

Read Full Post »