Looking back on 2014…

Happy New Year! 2015 already? Where does the time go…

Looking back on 2014, I can easily say that this was a very good hobby-year for me. Every year I resolve to make more tack and keep this blog updated. I think I accomplished that. This year I managed to complete not one but three full Arab costumes…

UHH_Costume01… re-did my first western saddle completely, turning it into a gaming set…


… did some more leather work in the form of bridles and halters…


… and made many, many saddle pads, boots, bareback pads and saddlebag sets.


I’ve also tried some minor customizing:


… and became hopelessly addicted to miniatures.

Peppermints42014 allowed me to be around real horses multiple times, whether that was on trail rides:


… or at shows like the Event at Rebecca Farm.

D_082014 also brought an opportunity to be around other hobbyists at a live show, where I got to see all sorts of beautiful models up close:


And in 2014 (of course) the herd grew…


… and grew…


… and technically grew even more now that Copperfox has been funded (woot!) annnnd because I might have paid off a lovely Fjord resin a couple weeks back… but since neither one is in hand that doesn’t count yet, right? Right!

So yes. All in all 2014 was a good year. As for 2015, my goals are the same: make more tack and keep blogging!

Thank you all so much for reading… I hope the new year brings all sorts of good things to each and every one of you. 🙂

9 thoughts on “Looking back on 2014…

  1. Happy New Year! Can you tell us how you made the reins for your Arab set? I have two older sets but there are no reins on the halter/bridle and I’d like to add them. Also, stirrups. It looks like you used English stirrups for your set. Do you think they could be added to an existing set? Thanks for any tips!

    1. The reins were made from twisted embroidery floss. (https://desktopstables.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/twisted-leads/) The ends I folded over small jump rings and wrapped in place, then attached those rings to the bit. 🙂

      Yes, I used English stirrups from The World of Model Horse Collecting (on ebay) – they’re sandwiched in-between the saddle/fabric layers and a padded layer of felt underneath. You should be able to add stirrups to an existing set, but it depends on how the set was originally constructed too. Hope this helps! 🙂


Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.